28th Annual Ramp Dinner
April 21 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm$12 – $25
Come to the Upshur County Public Library’s 28th Annual Ramp Dinner, an Appalachian Extravaganza, from 5-8 p.m. on April 21, 2023, brought to you by the Upshur County Public Library in partnership with Fish Hawk Acres. Chef Dale Hawkins of Fish Hawk Acres will be preparing the meal. This year, we want to bring back the dine-in option, as well as have plenty of space for curbside pickup. We are also excited to say that for the first time since 2019, we are holding the dinner in the library, located at 1150 Rt. 20 South Rd., Buckhannon, WV 26201!
This is a unique opportunity to sample gourmet ramp dishes. If you would like the non-ramp version of the meal, please specify when reserving your ticket. The menu includes:
- Fish Hawk Acres Signature Baked Ham (no ramps)
- Stir fried vegetables with Squash, Carrots, Onions, & Zucchini (with and without ramps)
- Roasted Spring Potatoes (with and without ramps)
- Potato & ramp soup (and soup without ramps)
- Fancy Ramp Quiche (with ramps only)
- Garden salad with fresh greens, tomatoes, cucumbers & carrots, served with dill buttermilk dressing (with and without ramps in dressing)
- Dinner rolls with ramp butter & butter packets
- Dessert will be Strawberry Shortcake
Tickets are $25 a person and $12.50 for children under 12. All proceeds benefit the Upshur County Public Library. Advance ticket purchase is required and will be accepted through the morning of April 17. Reservations and payment are accepted through EventBrite (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/28th-annual-ramp-dinner-tickets-551725655287), in person at the Circulation Desk or by calling the Library at (304)473-4219, extensions 10 or 14, during regular library hours. When purchasing tickets, you will be asked whether you want to dine-in or have curbside service so we can plan appropriately. Library hours are 9:00 a.m. through 6:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. through 5 p.m. on Fridays, and 9:00 a.m. through 2 p.m. on Saturdays.
This culinary experience is available only once a year and has been a tradition in Upshur County since 1994. Since 1979, the mission of the Upshur County Public Library has been to provide our community with lifelong learning opportunities by providing access to materials, services, technologies and programs for patrons of all ages. These programs and services are only possible through active and sustained community support.